The Bedford in Chicago’s Wicker Park is now open for a delectable Sunday brunch, and Skirt PR got a sneak preview of the delicious dishes, cocktails and all the accoutrements.
The Skirt team thoroughly enjoyed each of their samplings; Executive Chef Mark Steuer’s contemporary cuisine translated flawlessly to brunch. The culinary mastermind has expertly mixed a modern breakfast menu accentuated with Southern influences, featuring a variety of options including old favorites and soon-to-be new traditions.
Mixologist Pete Gugni had plenty of creative concoctions up his sleeve, as well. His drink menu features a spin on typical brunch beloveds and new cocktails with a breakfast-themed twist.
Our highlights included:
- Crispy breakfast potatoes with over easy eggs, toast and bacon
- Johnnycakes with Burton’s maple syrup, blueberry compote and whipped mascarpone
- French Toast with country ham, peaches and spiced syrup
- Mimosa with orange juice, St. Germain, orange bitters and bubbles
- Bloody Mary with Stoli vodka, Don Amato Mezcal Repo, Edmond Fitzgerald Porter, tomato juice, kimchi, red hot sauce, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, salt, and pepper
- Bacon and Egg Cocktail with bacon-infused bourbon, lemon juice, simple syrup, and an egg
The Bedford is located at 1612 W. Division. Make reservations online at BedfordChicago.com or by calling 773.235.8800.
Bedford Brunch Contest
In celebration of the new service, The Bedford and Skirt PR will offer a special giveaway- one lucky winner will receive a free brunch and bottomless mimosas for up to eight guests!
Sorry! The contest is now closed. You can still book your own fab brunch on BedfordChicago.com or by calling 773.235.8800.