Okay, okay, I know what you’re thinking: What decade does this girl think she’s in? Spoiler alert, I LIKE pretending that I live in the ‘60s! Ever since I was a little girl, I’ve gravitated toward bright colors, interesting patterns and unique shapes, so tie-dye is basically my favorite thing ever. As a trend, tie-dye is always adapting, so here are five ways I’d love to incorporate it into 2014:
- Proenza Schouler Tie-Dye Top: I have a massive crush on everything Proenza Schouler does, so this simple yet fantastic tie-dye top is on my wish list as we transition into warmer weather.
- Tie-Dye Cake: I want to make everyone’s jaws drop when they learn that not only did I bake something, I baked a cake…with a tie-dyed peace sign in the middle of it.
- Tie-Dyed Hair: Stay with me. I wouldn’t go full-blown with the colored hair trend, but I think that a few blasts of pink or purple could be exactly what I need to shake #chiberia from my memory!
- Tie-Dye Book: I’ve been meaning to bulk up my coffee table book collection (first things first, I need a coffee table!), and when I do, this bad boy is going front and center
- Peter Som Tie-Dye Fox Coat: I’m a vegetarian and typically against any and all fur, but this coat? Come on. It’s too amazing to handle. I want to strut around in it feeling all kinds of fabulous… Is that too much to ask?
What trend are you resurrecting and rocking this spring?