We love discovering new trends and rely on our favorite blogs and magazines to keep us in the know. When we find a look we love, we tend to embrace it in lots of different ways – through clothing, accessories, home décor, and beyond. In today’s “Trend Watch” feature, see how Lauren plans to incorporate crisp whites into her life.
Now, I know saying white is a trend for summer is like saying knits are in for fall…but hear me out. After the fashionable set spent seasons embracing J. Crew and Kate Spade’s kaleidoscope of bright, bold colors, I’m really sensing a return to a more stark, clean and simplistic palette. And what’s sharper than an all-white look? As I plan to move into a new space and de-clutter my wardrobe and life, I’ll be reaching for the ultimate in refreshing neutrals – white.
- Anthropologie Enna Duvet: There’s something so chic but still incredibly cozy about an airy white bedroom. I’d like to anchor mine with this beautiful bedding from Anthropologie. The lace edges keep the all-white white look from being too modern and add that vintage touch I’m always looking to incorporate into my home.
- Clare Vivier Foldover Clutch in White Rattan: Add texture to a white piece, and you’ll really be on-trend this season. The rattan fabric on this Clare V. clutch is subtle and delicate, giving the neutral piece an added point of interest.
- West Elm Mid-Century Mini Desk: Now, I know everyone and their mother is obsessed with West Elm’s Parsons Desk, but I actually prefer the slightly more structured look of their Mid-Century Mini Desk. I love the functionality of the drawer and the elegant shape of the legs. In white, it adds a sophisticated touch to a small space.
- Marysia Swim Scallop Bikini: My hard work at Barre Bee Fit and my trusty Jergens Natural Glow moisturizer have me feeling confident enough to take the plunge on this gorgeous white Marysia Swim Scallop Bikini. I’ve been obsessed with this swim suit since I first spotted it a few years back, and this new top with underwire gives off a slightly retro vibe that I’m really digging.
- All white peony flower arrangement: Forget Christmas; in this lady’s humble opinion, peony season is the most wonderful time of the year. In the past, I’ve scooped up the brightest pink peonies I could find, but this year, I’ve found myself gravitating towards all white arrangements. A hint of dusty miller keeps the look romantic and soft.
- Alice & Olivia Vinny Embroidered Dress: Last summer, I fully embraced the LWD (little white dress) as I hit up showers and parties celebrating my impending nuptials. Along the way, I fell in love with the ethereal and soft look of an all-white frock. This stunner from Alice and Olivia plays up that other major trend (texture) in the loveliest way. And that back? To-die-for.
- Sugar Paper Classic Print: There’s nothing more classic than white with a touch of black. This Sugar Paper print perfectly captures the elegance of simplicity.
What trend are you toying with these days?