It’s the most wonderful time of the year… New York Fashion Week is just around the corner! With that in mind, feast your eyes on some of our favorite behind-the-scenes shots and runway looks from the fashion week archives.
Zac Posen Spring 2013
Blumarine Fall 2012
Michael Kors Fall 2009
Carmen Marc Valvo Spring 2013
Giambattista Valli Spring/Summer 2009
Dennis Basso Spring 2014
It may only be August, but we’re always thinking ahead. As anyone in Chicago knows, the seasons quickly change around here and it’s best to be prepared. So, we’ve started to collect photos to keep in our back pocket when it comes time for our seasonal shopping trip. Here’s a peek at our autumnal outfit inspiration:
Primary goal of the season: master layers a la Palermo.
Love this all black outfit paired with a cognac leather tote. (Also, that hair.)
Soft sweaters paired with a lux leather skirt or trousers instantly up your chic factor.
Midi skirt gone office chic.
We never want to retire our white jeans – now we won’t have to.
Have you started thinking ahead to fall? What’s on your wardrobe wish list?
Sources: 1 // 2 // 3 // 4 // 5 // 6 // 7
We love discovering new trends and rely on our favorite blogs and magazines to keep us in the know. When we find a look we love, we tend to embrace it in lots of different ways – through clothing, accessories, home décor, and beyond. In today’s “Trend Watch” feature, see how Katelyn incorporates fun phrases into her home, office and wardrobe.
As a previous journalism major, writer, and self-proclaimed wordsmith, it’s safe to say I love words. There’s something about the perfect phrase that can really capture a feeling, moment, or a memory. Which explains why I’m ga-ga over the trend of truly statement-making pieces – and I’m not just talking about a bold color or a wacky texture. I’m embracing designers’ way with words on clothing, clutches, coasters – you name it. Now is the time to find something that simply says it all.
- Casual Friday shirt: Casual Friday has the most adorable, witty super-soft basics. When I grow up, I want to be Beyonce. Who doesn’t? Enough said.
- Sugar Paper “Best Thing” Print: I consider Sugar Paper one of my favorite indulgences. This sweet sentiment is the perfect statement to add to a gallery wall!
- 3.1 Phillip Lim “Totes Amaze” Cut Out Handle Tote: The fact that Phillip Lim has welcomed the phrase “Totes Amaze” – with such an obvious pun, how could he not? – even deepens my love for the line.
- Kate Spade “Hello Sunshine” iPhone 5C Case: Kate Spade is the queen of clever quips, and this phone case invites you to stop and smile with its simple statement.
- Levtex “Burpees Don’t Really Like You Either” Pillow: As a recent addict to The Barre Code and its incredible total-body workouts, ain’t that the truth.
- Pretty Bitter “I will do one thing today” notepad: This just might be the solution to my incessant to-do list making and overall type-A crazy persona. Such a funny gift for coworkers, too!
Would love to hear your favorite graphic products!
Whether you’ve found the perfect white linen dress or plan on rocking a classic Tommy Hilfiger American flag tee, Fourth of July fashion is all about showing off your patriotic side. So, we’ve rounded up some of the accessories we plan to pair with our festive outfits:
- Gorjana Super Star Necklace: Dainty but oh-so-patriotic. Just add stripes!
- Madewell Dylan Saddle Bag: Classic, chic and the perfect pop of red.
- Essie Bouncer, It’s Me: Nothing says ‘Murica like a well-manicured hand holding an ice cold beer.
- Soludos Classic Espadrille in Navy/White: These shoes are comfy enough to last through the parade, BBQ, and fireworks and look adorable paired with a little white dress or denim cut-offs.
- Ray-Ban Wayfarer Sunglasses: Americana style at its finest.
Have a safe & happy Fourth of July – we know you’ll look beautiful in your red, white & blue!