We’re looking for a rockstar Social Media Associate to join our team!
The Social Media Associate will support the Social Media Director and Social Media Department with the creation of social media content, including the planning, management, and analysis of clients’ social media platforms. A successful candidate will be a creative, social-savvy and results-driven individual who excels at multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment. Experience with paid social media advertising, writing/copy editing, photography/videography, Adobe CS2 Suite (Photoshop and InDesign) is preferred. A working knowledge of social platform capabilities is imperative along with a proven track record of growing follower bases for your clientele.
- Assist with content creation across clients’ platforms including social media messaging, product photography, graphic design work and video content
- Engage in community management, monitoring inquiries from followers
- Manage, execute, and monitor influencer relationships and partnerships
- Play a role in strategic development for clients’ social platforms
- Monitor and track performance of individual social posts and overall campaign effectiveness
- Utilize social listening to identify new users to engage with
To apply, send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to email@example.com.
We have an excellent internship program here at Skirt PR! The program is specifically designed to introduce current students to the business of public relations and social media, specifically in the areas of fashion, beauty and lifestyle. The internship helps students get firsthand experience with media relations, public relations strategies, brand awareness, public relations events, product placement, social media strategy, social media platforms and social media consulting.
Internships are crucial for people looking to get into the PR, social media and communication field after school. Having internship experience really puts you ahead of the other candidates when interviewing for a job after college.
Preparing for an interview is key. Not only should you practice answering the questions the person might ask you but it’s also important to identify the questions you plan to ask them.
Here are a few that I look for when interviewing potential interns for Skirt PR:
1. What does a typical day in this role look like?
2. When thinking back to people in this role previously, what differentiated the good ones from the great ones?
3. What are your favorite parts about working at Skirt?
4. What are the biggest challenges?
5. What is the most important skill or trait of someone in this role?
6. What do you wish you knew when you were in my shoes that you know now?
My biggest tip is to be yourself and be confident because personality and confidence go along way!